Bank of Cananda
The Bank of Canada building originally opened it’s doors in 1937. The glass structure behind the original building, (designed by Arthur Erickson) was completed in 1979. Its new architectural facade, completed in 2005, using high performance glass and copper, provides a reflective backdrop for the parliament buildings across the street.
Retrofit – Removal and replacement of all insulated glass units & copper trims using a non-conductive fibre glass pressure plate. This was a fully occupied facility throughout the entire project.
Location: 234 Wellington Street, Ottawa, ON
Completion Date: November 2005
Owner / Developer: Canadian Federal Government
Architect: Mariani, Rounthwaite & Dick; Arthur Erickson
General Contractor: Vanbots Construction
Glazing Consultant: Brook Vandalen & Associates LTD.